Half-way point

/
0 Comments
Here we are, half-way through July already! I'm not going to pretend that I've stuck to all of my projects. In fact, I'm pretty happy to say that at least I've stuck to the photo challenge! I'm enjoying it, too. Maybe I'll have to come up with another one for August as well...

Day 8 - A bad habit. This summer it has been harrrrrd for me to stick to a smart routine and actually go to bed at a decent hour. Hubby and the girls all get to stay in bed and sleep til noon if they please while I have to be up and to work in the mornings. Getting up at 7am and tiptoeing around to get ready is hard enough when I have had some sleep, let alone with just a couple hours rest. With everyone else staying up all hours I can't bring myself to go to bed first (plus C won't go to bed without me laying in there still). As you can see, I am full of excuses. The truth of the matter is I have no willpower...

Day 9 - Someone you love. My Grandma. She is Mom to 9, Grandma to 16 of us and Great Mamaw Rose to 16 more. Add in all of our significant others, and that's a WHOLE LOT OF LOVE!

Day 10 - Childhood memory. Impatients. Growing up, my mom would plant pink impatients encircling the trees in our front yard every year. They were always so pretty, and today when I see pink impatients I always think of home.

Day 11 - Something blue. I had quite the pick of blue things today while we're spending the weekend at an indoor waterpark as a family. Fun!

Day 12 - Sunset. Today I had to cheat. We woke to rain just pouring down outside the hotel room and I knew it wasn't going to be an ideal day to capture the sun at all let alone a pretty sunset. Good thing I shot this from our hotel window on Friday night when we first arrived!

Day 13 - Yourself with 13 things. It took me a while to come up with the idea for this shot. We found these quick-fill water balloons at Walmart during our little trip (yes, we even hit The Walmart while on vacation). When I got home the family was all about a water balloon fight in the yard, so I hatched this idea... and then they all argued over who was going to get to smash the one on my face. Hubby won - he's "had to be married to me for 15 years - he's earned it" (hmmm)

Day 14 - Eyes. I wasn't sure who's (or what's) eyes I wanted to capture for today's assignment, until I was sitting in Taco Bell this evening, just C and me. The light was hitting her in the face just right, and I had to snap the pic.

Day 15 - Silhouette. I was mad when I realized tonight that the sun had set while I was in my internet fog and I missed my chance for a pretty sunset silhouette. But I grabbed my camera and ran outside looking for inspiration anyway. I didn't find much, but when I was on my way back in, there it was. Or rather, there they were. Waiting for me to come back in and serve their dinner.



You may also like

No comments: