Shut up and dance with me

/
0 Comments
Over the past year or so, K has really grown up. Twelve really is the new 16... sadly.

She's a passionate soul in all things. She's discovered her love of dance (not that she hasn't been wiggling her booty to anything with a beat since she could stand). Her instructors have pointed out her focus and dedication, which is great considering those are not her usual strong points. She can love fiercely, but when it comes to organization and focusing on the details, she still has a lot to learn. She's good at forgetting homework assignments, I never seem to see any informational forms come home from school, and I just discovered that she has been eating school pb&j's for a couple weeks now for lunch because she can't seem to remember to tell me she needs more lunch money. Scatterbrained. Just like her mother. Maybe I should train her to live by a list like me. Without my lists, I'd forget to eat lunch, let alone bring money for it!

This girl is currently in rehearsals for the Spring Variety Show at her studio. She has 5 roles in the performance, which means she's basically living at the studio on the weekends. She gets tired and grumpy, but has never mentioned giving up a single time. She dreams of Julliard and New York City some day. I'm not going to lie and say that doesn't scare the crap out of me. This girl has big dreams, bigger than I could ever imagine.


You may also like

No comments: