Looking forward...

/
0 Comments
Here we are, 4 days into 2015 (and yes, I DID accidentally type 2014 first - argh!) and I think I have finally gathered my list of resolutions for the year. I've been working on this list in my brain for the better part of a month, so I really do think these are goals/challenges I should try to stick to.

1) The Pinterest Challenge. I know I am not alone when I say that I am a Pinterest-aholic. There is just something about creating collections of lists of creative ideas that totally intrigues me. But therein lies the problem. I pin and pin and pin but hardly ever go back to those boards and boards of pins and pins and actually use the ideas. So this year I am challenging myself to do just that. I will attempt to complete 4 ideas that I have pinned each month this year. That will perfectly justify my obsession with the site, right?

2) In case you haven't noticed, I kind of like taking photos. However, I have noticed lately that I have been doing less and less of that for myself. I used to take dozens of photos of my family and friends and pets and surroundings, but somewhere along the line that has fizzled into just occasional iphone photos of the kids and only dragging out my DSLR for paid sessions. I want to shoot more for fun then I have been. So that's goal number two.

3) At the same time, I want to put more time into the back end of my business. The books need special attention and I'm going to start being better organized in that area ASAP. I am also still working on new collateral for my clients, possibly including pre-session information mailed to clients and re-designed everything. The website is up and running as I like it, and now it's time to focus on the rest.

4) It is time. I have fiddled and fattled (pun intended) with trying to get into better shape and lose some weight, but this is the year. I can't stand how I'm looking in clothes and how quickly I get exhausted. I really need to really mean in this time too. I always start these things with good, strong intentions, but end up coming up with some kind of stupid excuse. I will start running again. I will stop eating sweets so constantly and pay more attention to what I eat. I will start a yoga regiment. I will only allow myself one Coke per week. SERIOUSLY! This has to happen.

5) This is something I always strive for, but let's be honest - putting it down in a list is the only way I'm ever going to hold myself accountable. I want to be a better wife and mother. I mean, give them my full attention more often than not, schedule special alone time with each of them on a regular basis, be more patient with (all of) them and try to treat them all as I would treat a co-worker or friend. Who deserves to be respected and shown my courtesy and love more than these three most important people in my life, afterall? I love them. They are my family and as imperfect as things can be sometimes, I will not leave this earth without them knowing just how they are my everything.


You may also like

No comments: