OBX part 2

/
0 Comments
So, I'm finally getting around to writing about the last couple of days of our family trip to the Outer Banks, NC. It truly was a paradise and it was soooo hard to leave! We took a ride south to the Cape Hatteras Light House and made the climb, stopped at a local art gallery and spent a lot more time just lounging around. On the day before we left, hubby spent the day at the pier fishing and caught his first ever salt water fish. The rest of us went down for a while in the morning and then headed back to the pool. He didn't catch anything huge, but I think he had a really good time!

On the day we left, we checked out of our room and headed north, stopping for a jaunt at Jockey's Ridge sand dunes. Hubby stayed behind at the handicap accessible lookout deck while the girls and I forged on ahead into the enormous sandbox! The hills of sand were much bigger than they looked from afar, and much steeper than I imagined. While the girls clammered right up the hills without a problem, I wound up crawling on my hands and knees! lol. It was totally worth it though. No photos could ever do it justice.














You may also like

No comments: