Toning, Tanning and Tatts

/
0 Comments
My blog posts have been so serious lately, I thought I'd change the pace a little and let you in on what I've been up to lately *for myself*. It's something that I've come to realize that every single one of us out there (especially moms) need to allow ourselves to indulge in. If we don't take care of ourselves, how are we going to take care of everyone and everything else, right?

We are leaving on a beach vacation to the beautiful Outer Banks of North Carolina in a couple of weeks. I had this grand idea of working out and losing all this weight before the trip, but that doesn't ever seem to go as planned. I did it for a bit. I started using the C25K app on my phone and have actually started walking-running-walking my way through our neighborhood 3x a week. That is, until I got to week 3. Day 1 of week 3 kicked my butt! I couldn't do it. And it threw me for a loop (meaning, I quit and didn't go running at all for 2 weeks). I have recently crawled back on the bandwagon though, although I've started back at the week 1 run to try and work myself back up to where I should be. I haven't dropped a single pound, but I will say that a few different people have mentioned that I look like I've lost weight, so maybe it's just turning to muscle? I do feel healthier anyway. I've signed up for a ColorVibe 5k in July (K's doing it with me!), so we'll see how that goes.

In preparation for the beach, I've also started tanning again. I know, I know.... not the best choice, not the healthiest way, but I have to say, it totally makes me feel good. I look better with a little color. I love the little 10-minutes of forced relaxation, laying down with my eyes closed, soaking in the warmth with the tickle of a fan blowing on my skin. It clears my mind. So, even though it's not really the best for my skin, it's good for me on the inside. I'll only do it until my package is up in July, promise!

Back in October, hubby and I got these matching tattoos. Another taboo subject, I know, but I love my tattoos. All three of them represent something important to me. They are art, and I am the canvas. Anywho, I went back for a touchup last Friday on my latest wrist art and it got me thinking I may want another. I don't know how my dad would have felt about me getting a tattoo representing him, but he and mom are the two pieces of the puzzle of my life that haven't been represented on my body yet. We shall see what I come up with... ;)



You may also like

No comments: