The end of an era...

/
0 Comments
This Friday marks the end of an Era in my little corner of the world. Thirteen years can be considered an Era, right? While I haven't worked in the same location for all those years, it has been basically the same job for the same company with a lot of the same people. It really doesn't feel like it's been that long, but seeing how it was my first job out of college, when I was a mere 20 years old, I suppose in a way it does. So much has changed over the years, but the constant goal has been the same: producing newspapers.

It's honestly a love-hate relationship. I won't get into all the "hate" parts of it - every job has the annoying, nonsense, non-communication parts of it. I guess the "love" part is mostly comfort. I know what I'm doing. I like being the one that people go to for answers, and most of the time I have them. I can't imagine being back at the beginning, being the one with no answers. It's really pretty scary to be honest.

Don't get me wrong, I'm ready for a change. It's been a long time coming, actually. And I know that I am up for the challenge. I have confidence that I will end up where I belong. However, it's the unknown that gets me - always does ;) In the meantime, I'm focusing on finding that "right" place and getting myself there.

I know that had this widespread layoff not happened, I would have kept on keepin' on there and I've come to the conclusion that this push (out on my tukus) is truly a blessing. Maybe some time with my girls is in order. Some time to focus on the (thank goodness!) several wedding shoots coming up. Some time to eat dinner WITH my family, read an ACTUAL book, shoot photos for FUN, and reconnect with my hubby would be awesome too!

Sooo, here goes nothin'! As for what's next... stay tuned and we'll all find out together :)


You may also like

No comments: