Living in this spring moment

/
0 Comments
Changes are coming, and there's nothing we can do about it. In the meantime, we are trying to "live in the moment" and enjoy what today has to offer. Extremely short on money, we have decided that this summer's "vacation" will be a handfull of short camping trips in our tent. The girls are finally old enough that this isn't quite as impossible as it use to be and I think it will be good for all of us.

So, a couple of weekends ago, we headed out on our first trip. A rocky start with thunder off in the distance, thoroughly freaking out C and the eventual downpours and incidents of it raining IN the tent, we proceeded to spend the night at my moms. Ah well.

We returned on Saturday morning for a perfectly lovely day of walks, time on the beach, silver dollar dinners and s'mores complete with flaming marshmallows. These are the memories that I hold from my childhood (except we had a camper instead of a leaky tent). I am so thrilled to offer such memories to my daughters as well. I hope that these are the memories that they will both look back on fondly and remember that we actually did do things as a family and I wasn't REALLY always working like they seem to think most days.

Camping was a lot of work. I knew it would be, and that's okay. I actually can't wait to go again in a few weeks!
moat digging
run and play
fake beaching
sillygirls


You may also like

No comments: