Pre-teen?

/
0 Comments
So when do the "pre-teen" years begin, anyway? She is nine, but I swear nine-year-olds of now equal more like the twelve-year-olds of my time...

Friend drama is creeping in and the mood swings are flying high (and low). K is such a sensitive soul. She has been a bystander to all that we have been through with her sister this year, and as hard as I try to make up for it, it has been hard for her. I know that it's not that she doesn't feel for her sister, but driven more by the "what about me?"

So last Saturday we had a date, just the two of us. Lunch out together and laughing beside each other in a dark movie theater was exactly what both of us needed. I just wish there was enough time in life to do things like this regularly. She so deserves it.
431256_10150583774241288_530031287_9504064_167259972_n

This year she has totally blown us away with her growth and knowledge. She is such a funny, smart and beautiful person. Watching her struggle with friends and relationships and the beginnings of finding out who she is makes my heart ache. I can't wait to see who she turns out to be -- but not too quickly! I'm not quite ready to give up my little girl just yet.

IMG_8646


You may also like

No comments: