Tonight.

/
0 Comments
Another evening marked to end the weekend. Sigh. Tonight I sit here, the children finally in bed and feeling to lazy too even grab my camera and upload the latest shots. I dragged my favorite toy around Grandma's yard this morning after church, capturing a few of the early spring pretties I'm always sure to find around there. But I guess I'll show you later because, well, I'm lazy right now.

Today was the first day of the year with sunshine and 80's. It felt like summer, and it completely refreshed that part of me that has been longing for such a day. We spent time outside, of course. The girls played and squealed and performed an imaginary circus on the swingset while I sat and soaked it in. Stretched out in my comfy Adirondack, I took a few moments to close my eyes and feel the sun on my face until the brightness through my eyelids had faded all the colors and turned the greenest grass to a muted shade of blue-green.

Taking out the trash in the dark this evening was actually quite pleasant. Three trips to the end of the driveway, lugging heavy bags turned into a few quiet moments to notice the sights and sounds of the spring night. I wore shorts, a tank top and flip-flops and was completely comfortable in the warm breeze. The summer night sounds are beginning to sound. It was so peaceful and enjoyable. All five minutes of it.


You may also like

No comments: