Disaster

/
0 Comments
I will admit it. I avoid the news. It's all pretty much bad news anyway, right? I don't read the news online. I don't watch the news on tv (okay, maybe just the weather part very occasionally), and I don't seek out discussions with others pertaining to the horrible things that are being broadcast about all over the world. I don't even read the newspaper (other than the ads of course - I do work for a newspaper afterall). It's just too depressing. My personal life has enough hardship that I simply don't want to add any more to it. Is that wrong?

As much as I try to avoid the negativity of the news, some stories do eventually make their way to my ears. I don't live under a rock afterall. Occasionally I will be drawn into a story - especially if it's local, but typically I will say a little prayer for the people involved and then try to put it out of my mind. Just being honest here.

The recent 9 point earthquake in Japan has found it's way to me of course. Word-of-mouth (and word-of-Facebook) has made sure of that. It's a horrible, terrible tragedy. So many people have lost everything. Their lives. Their homes. Their family. Their everything. I can't even imagine it. So once again I will say a prayer for all of them and try not to think about it. I don't know how well that will work this time, but what other choice do I have?


You may also like

No comments: