Photo ops from the corner

/
0 Comments
Sunday I was feeling under the weather. Little did I know at the time that it would turn into a hurricane, but it pretty much began on Sunday. I did, however, pull myself together somewhat because C had an Arts & Crafts birthday party to attend at noon and I had promised I would go with her. It was at a little Studio called the Green Owl. Really super cute place full of eclectic and fun things sitting around and lots of space to create. Right up my alley ;o) The party was great! The kids painted ceramics, had pizza and cake and were free to roam and play in the space. Perfect!

While I watched her do all this painting, eating and playing, I tried to stay as far away from everyone as possible, considering how crappy I was feeling. So, I sat in a corner with my camera in hand and tried to capture the spirit from afar. I was lucky with a few shots and I think the distance even helped with the bokeh affect I was trying to achieve on a couple.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
That last capture there kind of disappointed me once I got it up on the big screen... Nice concept, I thought, but what the heck happened with the focus?! WHERE is the focus?? On the NAPKINS, that's where. Jeesh. Ah well. Try, try again, huh?

Feeling much better after 2.5 days of *almost* complete rest (I am still Mom, afterall).


You may also like

No comments: