Day 19- Nicknames you have; why do you have them

/
0 Comments
I don't have a lot of nicknames. Nothing really outrageous either. And I'll answer to pretty much anything ranging from Ang to "hey you".

Different people call me different things. I was born Angela, as I was called for a bit. But before long (and much to my mother's dismay), people started calling me Angie. And I guess it stuck. I was Angie all through school, with the exception of my first grade teacher, a nun who refused to call me anything but Angela (much to MY dismay at the time). As I grew, close friends and family started calling me Ang for short. I liked it, and so it stuck too.

Quite a few years back now, my mom started calling me Angilouie. I distinctly remember the day it started. She, my brother and I were perched around the coffee table playing a game of rummy. She said it once, and it fit. And it stayed. She's still the only one who calls me that, but it has evolved into what I call my personal photography -- Angilouie Photography.

What my hubby calls me is the basic "Babe", as I do for him. I don't know that you'd call it a nickname, but I can say that we very rarely actually call each other by name - at least to each other's face.

And last but not least, I am Mommy. Occasionally Mama by my youngest. More and more often just Mom by my oldest. Sigh. I'd really like to hang on to that "Mommy" one for a bit longer...



You may also like

No comments: