Just keep swimming, just keep swimming...

/
0 Comments
I don't even know where to begin in describing how I'm feeling these days. So much in my life that I've come to depend on seems to be falling apart. The future is so uncertain, and we all know how bad I am about uncertainty...

I keep reminding myself that even though life is changing, I am still the same girl I've always been and I'm still the luckiest Mama and wife in the world. The most important things are not changing, and I am really very fortunate. I will take it all a day at a time, try not to worry about things that are out of my control (yeah, right.) and hope and pray that wherever we will land after all of this will be a good and happy place.

The turmoil of uncertainty with our jobs and our money and our future have somehow not stopped the everyday life that just somehow keeps on flowing around us. Summer break has wrapped up and time keeps moving on. K started 2nd grade yesterday. Wow. The butterflies seemed almost non-existent, thank goodness. She was excited and seemed to have a nice first day.




August started off with mom's birthday and carrot cake, as usual :o)


The white fuzzy caterpillar that we found in our kitchen and made a home for in a jar proceeded to make a cocoon. A couple of weeks later we were surprised to find this little guy in the jar.

The flowers (which I can't remember what kind they are) that we started from seeds and eventually moved to the yard have climbed up and over the railing on the deck, spotted with pretty purple blooms!

We went to a 1 year old's birthday party this past weekend. Seems like just yesterday it was my baby covered in icing in a high chair...

Regardless of the big stresses in life, the small beauties stay consistent. Some days they are harder to focus on, but they are always there if you take the time to look.


You may also like

No comments: