(Temporarily forgotten) Blessings

/
0 Comments
First, I want to say - WOW! I just realized this is my 201st post on this blog! I can't believe I've been at this for that long. I still don't have many regular readers (that I'm aware of), but I'm completely fine with that. This is ultimately all for me and my family, anyway. But it has become a fantastic way to keep in touch with people I don't get to see nearly often enough anymore as well!

Now that I have that out of the way, I want to apologize for my recent "downness". I strive to keep this space a happy and positive one, and every time I let things turn downhill around here, I feel bad about it. I suppose it's good for this to reflect my mood, but I tend to dwell on the negative and if I let myself linger there for too long, it's never good. So, here I am. I'm back!

I do truly lead a very blessed life. When I look around and see what so many others have endured in their lives, there is no way I can deny my fortune. Yes, I am a worry wart. And yes, there is good reason behind my worries. But, I REFUSE to let them take over my life (for more than a day or two ;o) I have a job and a home and so many comforts that some can only dream of. I have the family that I have wished for all of my life. And I have friends and family that will not allow me to wallow in self-pity. Just their words are enough to remind me: Life is good...

"Each morning when i open my eyes I say to myself:
I, not events,
have the power to make me happy or unhappy today.
I can choose which it shall be.
Yesterday is dead,
tomorrow hasn't arrived yet.
I have just one day,
today,
and I'm going to be happy in it."
-- groucho marx


You may also like

No comments: