The big "3-0"

/
1 Comments
Yesterday I turned thirty. I simply can't see how this is possible. The past ten years have completely flown by in a blink. I can remember being twenty like it was yesterday, and while so much has changed, I can honestly say that there is a lot that hasn't. When I turned twenty, I had just married Hubby. That is the year I started working where I still work today. That is also the year we moved into this house that we have made into our home. We still have the same dog, a lot of the same things, and pretty much the same goals in life. Sure, we've thrown a couple of kids, a couple of cats and a lot more mess into the mix, but that was always where we knew we were going anyway. A lot is the same, but I will admit that it does feel much richer now. I appreciate life more, I've learned a lot about relationships, life and love. I've learned how to be the new version of me - Mommy. And I have come closer to becoming the "me" that I've always longed to be. I still have a long way to go, and that is just fine with me.

In the meantime, I had a wonderful birthday. It was perfectly balanced between time to myself, time alone with my man, time with my girls, and... time shopping! lol.


But I suppose the celebration really started with my work friends on Friday. The closest of them expected me to work for my gifts... little did she know that I love to play in the dirt! :o)



You may also like

1 comment:

Hil said...

Love the dirt! Happy birthday!