Obsessive. Compulsive. Disorder?

/
1 Comments
While I have been "away" this time on my little stint of non-blogging, I have been quite lost in my own little world. I've been inside my mind a lot, if that makes any sense. This is a little scary to admit, but I am once again being sucked into some writer's fantasy world. There is something about a good book, especially when it's a series of books that seems to crawl inside my little mind and get comfortable. If I've been reading a lot, like now, I find myself carrying thoughts of the story in the back of my mind throughout the day, dreaming of them at night, thinking of it in the shower, even researching it on the internet. There isn't a good way to describe it. I'm guessing it has something to do with distraction. A non-reality to focus on rather than actual reality of life. Not that I don't love my life, but everyone needs a little escape now and then, right? I'm not alone here, am I? Is it really strange to be effected so deeply by a totally fictional story with impossible scenarios and characters?


You may also like

1 comment:

Jaimee said...

Funny Ang, are you talking about Twighlight? I read Twighlight and New Moon in 5 days over the break. Loved the books (not the movies, so much). But, I found myself doing the same thing. Maybe not to the extent that you describe, but I did find myself thinking about those characters and looking at people just a little differently, even though I know it's impossible. You're not alone with this strange escape. I've not read a book that didn't relate to fertility, childbirth, child raising, or adoption in 6 years! It's no wonder we so easily lose ourselves in a fictional world.