Still...

/
2 Comments
Tonight I sit here finally soaking in some peace (depsite the sounds of war from the next room - in the form of a video game, that is). It has been such a busy few days. Or at least it feels that way. Thanksgiving came and went yet again with the usual indulgences. Mom and the boys ended up crashing our house for the big dinner and it really was a nice time.

I stepped out my door at a brisk 5am on Black Friday and faced the crowds with the other crazies. Mom and I caught a few deals and had a few laughs, so it was worth it as usual. I'm starting to make a little headway on the gift list!

The rest of the weekend didn't exactly pan out as planned with a canceled get-away, but our nephew is feeling better now & the girls wound up having their first sleep-over with each other (in Bug's room ;o) They loved it and slept great! Hard to believe after the way they have been at eachother's throats for days. We've got the beginnings of some major sibling rivalry, I believe... Let's just say I'm not looking forward to the teenage years, that's for sure. But at the same time, you can totally see the love they have for one another, and it just melts my heart at every glimpse of it. Maybe they'll wind up the closest of sisters in the end. I know nothing would make me a happier mama...


You may also like

2 comments:

Jaimee said...

Hey Ang, glad you had a nice Thanksgiving!!! I hear ya on the sibling rivalry, my kids get an "A+" for that. Haha. They do love each other though, otherwise they wouldn't feel comfortable enough to fight with each other. That's what I tell myself anyway.

Robin said...

I agree with you both. :) I don't see sibling rivalry in my house; I see Mari being a little "mama" to Sam. Poor guy, he's got TWO women bossing him around, ha ha! They DEFINITELY love each other and even if it takes until the college years, (like it did with my brother and I), their closeness will not be matched anywhere in their life. :)