"Presents for Mommy"

/
0 Comments
Imagine a regular Saturday evening at home with the kids. This is a typical for us. After dinner, hubby settled in his chair for a little tv and snoozing, the kids appear to be entertaining themselves and playing quietly in their rooms, so I hop on the computer for some (thanks to my practically ancient computer) slow but steady surfing. After a bit, I notice the time and realize I need to get the little one to bed soon. I call for her, to which she does not reply. So, I get up and head through the kitchen to their rooms only to run into THIS:

Apparently, they had found my stash of gift bags for future use in one of their closets. It was funny at first - haha, okay, let's get these cleaned up girls... and then I see. They had not only spread out every bag we own, but each and every single one of them is FULL of random things from around the house! I'm talking everything from toys to dirty laundry was stuffed into these bags. And guess just who they were all for? Oh yeah. Mommy. "Presents for Mommy" they say, as if that will make it all better. And of course it does. A little. It only took us 45 minutes to get everything back into it's rightful place so I could send them off to bed. Why do these things always seem to happen at bed time?? Hey, I guess I should look on the bright side, right? At least it wasn't a school night...


You may also like

No comments: