The day is almost here

/
0 Comments
I can hardly believe it. HOW did this time pass by so quickly?! Here we are on the eve of my baby girl's first day of kindergarten, and all I can think is "but she was just my little newborn yesterday!"... Five years have gone by in a flash, but we have so many memories we have made together already. I just hope that she will someday know about those memories. Those sleepless nights with her as a tiny newborn, both of us trying so hard to learn what we need to do to survive. All those funny little moments when I realize that she is actually a 'person' with a mind of her own and BOY does she show it. Every little knowing grin and quick squeeze before I left her for the day. The longest days of my life. Wondering what I was missing. What she was learning from SOMEBODY ELSE. Who was making her smile? Who was kissing her booboos? Was she eating enough? Was she sleeping enough? Every little thing. Every little moment. It all happened so quickly, yet not really. I remember it all, even if a little fuzzy. And I will never forget - even if she does. I will hold these little girl moments in my heart forever, even as she grows into a sweet young lady and goes off to learn. I know that kindergarten is just the first step of many hard "letting go" moments to come. But it doesn't make it any easier. I'm proud to see her turn into who she is becoming. She is such an awesome little person!

She is excited, but is starting to show more and more nerves about her first day. Lots of questions. But I'm sure she'll feel tons better after the first day is out of the way. I realized tonight as I was tucking her in to bed that her concerns aren't all about starting something new. She fought away tears and told me how much she was going to miss her friends. And holding her and telling her that she'll make new ones just doesn't seem to make it better right now - for either of us.

These days have come and gone like the wind. Seems no time has passed since we were watching her little figure on the ultrasound screen, moving around, kicking like mad, sticking out her tongue and swallowing - all safe inside of me...

When she was born, we thought she was the most perfect little baby we had ever seen. She was so pink and precious. That was when I fell in love with her eyes...

As she grew, we started to see little glimpses of who she really was. A feisty little blonde who loved to be the center of attention...

The terrible two's came and went (although some days I wonder if they really ever left), but above everything we could see that she had a giant heart and loved with the whole of it...

When she became a big sister, we couldn't have been more proud of her. She was thrilled to have a baby sister and didn't show an ounce of jealousy.

Then, it seems overnight, she turned into a KID. No longer our baby, but a child who could walk and talk and sing songs and dance. She loved to perform and surprised us some days by just how much she knew.

And today, her Daddy and I couldn't be more proud of her. She is smart, thoughtful, happy, entertaining, independent, loving and a great big sister.


We love you big girl! We are so proud of you and hope you have a wonderful first day of "real" school :o)


You may also like

No comments: