Ten long years

/
1 Comments
Today is 9/11. Every single person in the US knows why this day is significant and full of sad memories. For my family, however, there is more to it. Today is also the 10th anniversary of my dad's passing. That day, by far, was the hardest I have ever survived. Already an angsty teenager, that day triggered a long time of hating the world and everything in it. It took me a long time to overcome that and now I believe I am a stronger woman because of it. No family should EVER have to watch a loved one fight for their life and lose. But too many families do. I learned I am not alone, which is strangly a comfort.

It's crazy how much happens in ten years. I think back on how many of the most significant things that have happened in my life have happened since Dad was gone. He missed it all. I wonder if he knew that the "boy" I was dating at that time would turn out to be the man I would marry and have a family with. There are so many things I wish he could have been there for. He would have been so proud when I got my full scholarship for college. I can't even remember if he knew what I wanted to major in... My brother walked me down the aisle in my wedding. I can only imagine the pride and wonder that would have graced his face the first time he would have held his grandchildren. They would have loved him. He was amazing.


You may also like

1 comment:

CresceNet said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.