Bookworms

/
0 Comments

I decided a couple of weeks ago that it was time that my older girl and I start spending more quality time together. Ever since baby sis was born, it's been a struggle (for all of us) to make enough time for each other. Another thing I've been struggling with is the fact that I don't get a chance to read to her (or to myself for that matter) as much as I'd like to. So, long story short, I decided to kill two (or 3) birds with one stone and start reading together a few nights a week. Now that she's 4, and constantly asking for me to TELL her stories, I thought it was worth a try to see if she'd sit through a couple chapters of an ACTUAL book at a time. And she loves it! We wait until the baby is tucked in, and we cuddle up together on the couch. She dives right into the story with me, asking questions about things she doesn't yet know along the way. When we get to the end of a chapter, she practically BEGS me to go on ;o) We just finished our first book - "Only Emma". It's on a younger level and she followed it really well. I picked up a couple more "Emma" books at the library today, so we'll see which one she wants next on the agenda. It's so hard for me to believe that my tiny little baby is growing up so fast & we are able to enjoy these things together already. Oh, she's always liked books and loved when we read to her, but this is different. This is something more. These moments won't last long enough. Not nearly.


You may also like

No comments: